Mileway signs over 75,000 sqm of lease agreements across Sweden as demand for well-located properties continues
Press release – 28 April 2022
Mileway, the leading pan-European last mile logistics real estate company, today announces a series of renewed and new lease agreements - totalling more than 75,000 sqm - across Sweden as it continues to grow customer relationships.
• In Gothenburg, Mechanum, the Swedish chain of certified car workshops, has extended, and at the same time renewed, its lease for 10 years. As part of the new lease agreement, Mileway will refurbish the interior of the 4,400 sqm premises, as well as upgrade the outdoor areas. The works will result in a high-quality workshop, in line with the company’s already upgraded premises in Malmö, where a similar project was carried out in 2020. The asset has easy access to the E6 and is close to the centre of the city.
• In Linkoping, home electronics repair company, Elcare, has extended its existing lease of warehouse and office space. The 8,400 sqm property, already equipped with solar panels, is in an excellent location next to the airport and only five kilometres south of central Linköping, providing easy access to the nearby highways 35 and E4.
• In Hudiksvall, Mileway has renewed its lease with Hexatronic, a technology group which specialises in high-quality fibre optic products and solutions. The renewed long-term lease sees the company add 665 sqm to the total space it rents, which now totals circa 40,000 sqm.
• Near Stockholm’s Arlanda Airport, Newrest, a catering company that specialises in in-flight services to airlines, has won a contract to provide on-board catering services to SAS in Scandinavia, and has therefore signed a long-term lease for nearly 5,300 sqm. The property will have a completely fitted out production kitchen where inflight meals will be prepared.
• In Lund, HeadBrands, the largest distributors of professional haircare in the Nordic region, has also renewed its lease. Mileway has completed an upgrade of the property, renovating both the interior and exterior including a range of energy efficiency upgrades, such as converting to LED lighting and improved sun protection on the windows. The 5,000 sqm property is located in Gastelyckan, the largest industrial area of Lund, next to the E22 motorway.
• Just outside Malmö’s city centre, at Mileway’s Tobaksfabriken property in the well-established industrial area of Östra Hamnen, Svenska Müllers, the Swedish grocer and wholesaler of pet food, has taken on more space and extended its total footprint to over 10,000 sqm.
• In Kungsbacka, existing customer, Holship, the global road, sea and air freight logistics company, has signed a new long-term lease for an additional 2,566 sqm, taking the total leased space to 11,574 sqm. The property is located only 20km away from Gothenburg and 30 minutes away from Landvetter Airport via the E6 highway.
Mileway’s portfolio of last mile logistics properties across Sweden now consists of more than 165 assets totalling 1.75 million sqm, and is managed by local teams based in Stockholm, Malmö and Gothenburg*.
“As these agreements show, we are seeing continuing demand from businesses across Sweden – almost regardless of sector, size or location – for well-located space that connects them to the communities they serve.” Tomas Beck, Mileway Country Director for the Nordics
Last year Mileway surveyed more than 1,400 businesses in its top markets of Sweden, the UK, Germany, France and the Netherlands, and more than 60% of businesses said they plan to expand in the coming year – in most cases to keep up with continued e-commerce demand.
Tomas Beck, Mileway Country Director for the Nordics, commented, “As these agreements show, we are seeing continuing demand from businesses across Sweden – almost regardless of sector, size or location – for well-located space that connects them to the communities they serve. Against this rising demand for space, at Mileway, we pride ourselves on being a true partner to our customers, working with them to identify and solve their real estate needs, allowing them to focus on growing their business.”
*Portfolio statistics as of 31 December 2021.